HyperKewl Plus shortlisted for CBRE innovation award
03 October 2018
Having navigated through the ‘Dragon Den’ styled regional heats our team lead by James Russell will now join other finalists on October 4th to discover who the overall innovator of the year is.
Key facts about Hyperkewl Plus
- Super Absorbent Polymer Fibre Fabric
- 5/10hrs of evaporative cooling
- Cools down with just water and airflow
- Apparel cools down by 15˚C
- Leaves user with up to 8˚C reduction in thermal skin temperature
- Works in extreme temperatures up to 50˚C
- Can be machine washed at 60˚C fifty times
- Non-toxic, CE certified and lightweight
- Made in Great Britain
The opportunity to develop Hyperkewl Plus into a range of PPE (personal protective equipment) products followed each aimed at reducing the risk of heat stress for construction operatives across the globe.
With extreme heatwaves happening with ever increasing frequency the business today now exports worldwide and has established itself as a leading authority on the issue of heat stress and worker wellbeing.
When applied into cooling workwear, HyperKewl Plus is activated by placing the garment in water for 2 minutes, removing the excess water and wearing.
The users stay totally dry however thanks to a waterproof lining on the inside of the garment.
With evaporation the garment will cool down by 15˚C and the user will see a thermal skin temperature reduction by up to 8˚C.